Alexander Wang Fall/Winter 2013 – 2014 Must Have Bags
The IT bag is back in force this season with Alexander Wang’s monochromatic and structured pieces.
In fact, it was the black, white and the grey that ruled Wang’s runaway for fall/winter 2013/2014.
I have to admit it was a collection that paid tribute to his minimalistic and structured signature style.
When thinking about it, Wang’s collection was just another way for the designer to play with texture and to mix casual, sporty and feminine glam altogether in a brilliant and innovative way.
Simply put, this year’s collection was a perfect ‘mélange’ of street smart along with meticulously elegant and soft pieces.
While the designer stuck to his trademark black, white and grey color palette, he showed a slew of new shapes and elaborated pieces. Monochromatic good taste and simple elegance prevailed.
Here are some of the best bags of his show:
- Structured leather shoulder bag in black.
- Rosegold hardware.
- Single adjustable removable leather shoulder strap with lanyard clasps.
- Cinched body.
- Foldover flap at main compartment with hook-eye clasp.
- Metal bumpers at base corners.
- Tonal textile lining. Tonal stitching.
- Approx 7.5″ length x 7″ height x 4.25″ width.
- Leather tote in black with embossed croc print throughout.
- Two feed through rolled leather carry handles at top.
- Accordion body.
- Structured base with metal detail at corners.
- Multiple patch pockets and zip pocket at bag interior.
- Black textile lining. Tonal stitching.
- Approx 11″ length x 12″ height x 6.5″ width
- Pebbled leather bag in black. Silver-tone hardware.
- Carry handle cinching shut main compartment.
- Adjustable shoulder strap cinching shut secondary compartment at exterior face.
- Studded loops also at secondary compartment.
- Welt pocket at interior face. Studded base.
- Zippered welt pocket and leather logo patch at interior.
- Lined in black textile. Tonal stitching.
- Approx. 8″ length, 8″ width, 13″ height.